Thursday, October 27, 2011

Interac Deferral: The Aftermath

The new count down has started--and this one will be a long one, I'm sure!  I just got an e-mail from Interac asking if I am still interesting in working for them in the Spring 2012 semester.  I obviously accepted!  You can check this post from time to time for changes as I will update this with every major milestone.

So if you accepted a job with Interac but got deferred, here's what you'll be looking at!

Timeline
July 25th 2011Told by Interac that I have been deferred until April 2012 because they hired too many overseas applicants

October 27th 2011

Received an Intention Confirmation letter from Interac.  I confirmed by intention to accept work in Spring 2012.

November 7th 2011

Received the Certificate of Eligibility application and Offer of Employment form.  I have to (annoyingly) send in all of my papers again including my old CoE.  So if you've been deferred, hang onto it!

January 26th 2012

Received my placement call!  Finally!  I'm heading to wonderful Toyama City, Toyama

January 31st 2012

Booked my flight to Japan!

February 7th 2012

Received my Certificate of Eligibility in the mail... time to start the Visa process!